Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing new module

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing new module
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 20:27:13 -0500

On Mar 5, 2010, at 5:24 PM, Sagar Kapare wrote:
The exact same code works on two other machines, both running OSX 10.5. The sink is a locally created modules, so it is entirely possible that there is something missing in the instantiation that is being caught on only on my machine and not at others (for what reason I cannot fathom).

On my agenda to try out some of my blocks on 10.6 to see if they work (they do on 10.5). That said, I don't have a sink or source block, just "through" blocks. Hence, it might be a source / sink issue, or it might be some odd change to 10.6. I'll try to get to this next week.

As an aside, another thing that might be helpful is that my python installation is partially broken: I have to move the installed .so .la files (as well as the python files) ouput from a make install from the /usr/local/lib onto the python script directory (as found during the configure step) /opt/local/Library/ Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages.

Moving these files should not be necessary if PYTHONPATH is set correctly. That said, moving them around shouldn't cause issues in any direct sense (they're just shared libraries) ... but if this Python is installed oddly, or partially broken, then you probably want to fix this issue before trying to correct other related issues. Just my advice on debugging. - MLD