Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing new module

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing new module
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:56:14 -0500

Sagar resolved this issue off-list, without my help but with some good discussion. That said, I got curious about what might be going one, and after some hacking around on my Mac's installs of GNU Radio I think the issue is that you have multiple versions installed and this particular "howto" is linking with the incorrect version. For example, suppose I have GNU Radio installed by MacPorts into /opt/ local, and from GIT into /usr/local . I've setup my shell environment variables choose /opt/local first, so when I configure and build "howto" from GIT it all works just fine, but using the "framework" from 3.2.2 (since that's what MacPorts currently installs). But "make check" fails in exactly the way you found.

If I then do:

sudo port deactivate gnuradio-core
../configure
make
make check

then it all works correctly (*), using just the GIT-installed "framework" in /opt/local . I can't explain why "make check" would fail under these circumstances, since the python QA code hasn't changed (in functionality, just names for the imported module) -- just the structure of where the files are located. Maybe someone else has a clue? - MLD

(*) 'run_tests.in' needs to be fixes to work for Mac OS X: since the files were separated out into multiple subdirectories (to allow for disabling SWIG/Python), the file now needs to know the library search path (via DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, as also done in the main GNU Radio run_tests.sh.in file). Probably needs a similar fix for Windows users, if anyone is testing that these days.