Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bpsk lost some packet when transmit data disconti

From: Fisheep
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bpsk lost some packet when transmit data discontinuously
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 00:39:39 -0800 (PST)

Tom,

It is really what you are said. After I transmitted packet several times, I
got the
probability of 1/2 that correctly received packet and probabilty of 1/2 that
got nothing.
I think this result is explicit when I change the carrier frequency from
900M Hz to 2.4G Hz.

It is my fault. I thought that it will work like a bpsk if I removed the
differential encoder/decoder
from dbpsk.py. But I haven't do the channel estimation to get the correct
phase rotation.

Did anyone try to implement the channel estimation into gnuradio?

I find that at the gr_mpsk_receiver_cc block there is a parameter theta that
pass into this block.
In dbpsk the theta is set to 0. Is it correct that I pass the phase rotation
from the channel estimation?
If is, how do I do the channel estimation before the synchronization...there
are two samples/symbol
before the gr_mpsk_receiver_cc block.

Sorry for I first contact with software defined radio. And I really don't
have a complete concept of the
transmission structure when it involves synchronization and channel
estimation.

Fisheep