[Discuss-gnuradio] About stream/vector and trellis_encoder

From: Axel Belliard
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] About stream/vector and trellis_encoder
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:49:08 +0100 (CET)

Hi

I'm facing 2 problemes :

- I'm trying to design a flow graph that creat a transmission frame from a
input file.
The frame must be like this :
[ (sync bytes x80)(data bytes x32)(0x16)(data bytes x32)(0x16)(data bytes
x32)(0x16)(data bytes x32) ]
My idea is to use vector/stream converters, to divide my input file into
32 bytes long packet, then concatenate the appropriate bytes to my
packets.
I did not find any function to concatenate vectors. Is there one?
I'm not really sure, that I understood the differences between vectors and
stream. Could some one explain them to me?

- My second problem is about trellis_encoder :
>From what I know about convolutional encoder, this bloc should take as
parameters : 2 polynoms, and an initialisation sentence. It seems that the
first argument of trellis_encoder, must describe the two polynoms. How
should it be formatted?

Thanks for reading me

Axel