Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Burg spectral estimation

From: Jens Elsner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Burg spectral estimation
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 10:12:33 +0100

Hi Bob,

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:02:19 -0400, Robert McGwier <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Jens:
>
> Have you considered and rejected Pisarenko estimtion techniques or just
not
> tried them yet?

The original application was narrow band interference suppression in DSSS
systems. Burg's
method works quite well as it automatically gives one the filter
coefficients
for the suppression filter.

Eigenspace based methods are of course very another interesting thing to
make available
in GNU Radio - if we find students willing to implement this as part of
their course work
in Karlsruhe, Martin and I will gladly support them (anyone reading this?
:).

Jens