[Discuss-gnuradio] Gnu Radio built on Sheeva Plug

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnu Radio built on Sheeva Plug
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:32:55 -0400

I built and installed Gnu Radio from the trunk on my Sheeva Plug last
night.  I went with a Fedora
  system image, which is designed to fit in the 512MB on-card NAND
flash.  That image is woefully
  inadequate to build Gnu Radio, so I very painfully built up a system
image with enough libraries, etc
  to make Gnu Radio build.

It took several hours for the build to complete, and I haven't had
opportunity to test it at all at this
  point--there's no USRP support because there isn't an SDCC for ARM.
The Sheeva Plug doesn't have
  a native audio system, so I'll have to test it with my USB headphones,
I guess.

I suspect that performance will be utterly unimpressive, since the
Sheeva ARM CPU has no native
  floating-point.

--
Marcus Leech