Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] discontinuous OFDM implementation?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] discontinuous OFDM implementation?
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:33:10 -0400

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 2:37 PM, George Nychis <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone out there implemented discontinuous OFDM on GNU Radio and the
> USRP?  I've seen a couple papers with an implementation on GNU Radio in
> DySPAN and some other conferences, but nobody has responded to my requests
> for the implementation.
>
> - George

Do you mean discontinuous in time or frequency? If you're talking
about frequency (selectively turning off subcarriers, which I've heard
referred to as non-contiguous OFDM mostly), then there are definitely
a few implementations out there. I saw two groups at the latest IEEE
DySPAN conference demoing just such a system. I've been meaning to get
in touch with both groups to see if they would be willing to let us
take their updates to our OFDM code and put it in the tree.

Tom