Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why you should be be trying out the UHD

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why you should be be trying out the UHD
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:31:30 +0200

Matt Ettus wrote:

> Things are starting to stabilize on the UHD front and everything is
> moving forward rapidly.  You should really be trying out the UHD *now*
> if any of the following applies to you:

> - You want to use USRPs with software other than GNU Radio (like
> OpenBTS, OSSIE, SCARI, LabVIEW, Simulink, Matlab, or anything else),
> especially if you are a developer of one of those systems

What about support for timestamped packets (inband signalling for usrp1)
? Is that something UHD supports ?

>From looking at the API it seems so (time_spec) but that uses 'double'
and not an integer sample count. Isn't there a risk of imprecision /
shift / gap of +/- 1 sample ? Especially if we use non standard clock
rates that don't have nice # samples per seconds ...

Cheers,

    Sylvain