[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with new install

From: William Pretty Security Inc
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with new install
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:57:24 -0700

Hi All;

Well I picked up my new system at Best Buy. (details later) I installed Ubuntu 9.10 and Gnuradio from the git.

I must have made a typo somewhere because I get the following error when I probe the USRP1:

address@hidden:/usr/local/bin$ usrp_probe

usrp_open_interface:usb_claim_interface: failed interface 0

could not claim interface 0:

Operation not permitted

open_nth_cmd_interface: open_cmd_interface failed

usrp: failed to load firmware /usr/local/share/usrp/rev4/std.ihx.

Could it be a typo when I was adding the “usrp” group ??

Bill