[Discuss-gnuradio] Stripchart mode for gr_oscope

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stripchart mode for gr_oscope
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 23:03:15 -0400

Earlier, I had asked if there was any combination of parameters to
gr_oscope that would cause it to
 act like a strip-chart, with new samples entering (at a low rate) on
one end, and the chart updated on
  every sample, with samples slowly working their way to the other end,
and thence to oblivion.

Couldn't find any way to make gr_oscope do that, so I added a new
Trigger mode,
  gr_TRIG_MODE_STRIPCHART that causes  the process_sample method to
treat incoming samples
  quite differently, and "stripchart" them.

I have this working in my local working copy of the latest GIT.

You really don't want to use this mode for high-speed data, but it's
really useful for things like
  RMS power over very long time periods.

I shall make arrangements to fold it in, when appropriate.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator