Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ofdm occupied tones concept

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ofdm occupied tones concept
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 09:26:38 -0400

George,
Since the code they built to do the NC-OFDM was based originally on the code inside GNU Radio, doesn't it make sense to put that back into GNU Radio instead of CGRAN? The way that I originally wrote the code was to allow for people to do this by manipulating the subcarrier map, so as far as I know, the change would just add functionality to the already existing code and not change its basic functionality.

I can see having the application being in CGRAN, but by putting it all there seems to duplicate code and will confuse the code base.

If I'm wrong and they completely reimplemented a lot of this stuff on their own, then that's a different story. When I talked to them at DySPAN, it seemed like they enhanced the GNU Radio OFDM code.

Hey Tom,

Sure, I of course would agree it would be best in the GNU Radio code base :)  It would be the best place for it, no doubt.  I just figured I'd get it in to CGRAN first since there is absolutely 0 overhead for the code author (just upload as is), allowing people to get it until it is in the code base.

This is actually a different group than the DySPAN group.  This is a group who wrote an NSDI paper:
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~htzheng/publications/pdfs/jello-nsdi10.pdf

- George