Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] two doubts concerning WBX and **TX

From: Thomas Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] two doubts concerning WBX and **TX
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 11:38:52 -0400

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Rafael Diniz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello people,
> I'd like to know if I can do some modification in the WBX to go as low as
> 26MHz, is it possible?
> If not, what is better - BasicTX or LFTX, and what kind of RF frontend
> should I use - amplifiers and what more? Is there any transmitter
> daughterboard that covers bands lower than 50MHz for the USRP?

I'm certainly not the best person to explain daughterboard RF
characteristics, but using a BasicTX I was able to generate an
avalanche beacon signal, which operates at 457 kHz. With no added
amplifier, it worked with a commercial transceiver up to a few meters.
Depending on your transmit power needs, the BasicTX may suffice. I've
never seen or used a LFTX, so I can't comment on it.

  Thomas