Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 + WBX

From: Evan Chen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 + WBX
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 16:18:15 -0500

Hello Jason and Josh,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

You are right. I put the file "txrx_wbx.bin" on the SD card. Now everything looks normal.
Thanks.

-Evan

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:
You probably need to load the SD card with the txrx_wbx.bin firmware: http://gnuradio.org/releases/usrp2-bin/trunk/

-Josh

On 05/06/2010 04:12 PM, Evan Chen wrote:
Hello everyone,

I just got the USRP2+WBX recently. And I used the famous "usrp2_fft.py" as a
starting point.

The problem I met is that the curve plotted by the usrp2_fft.py seemed to be
abnormal. Sometimes, the amplitude of the curve was around -150 dB, and
sometimes it went below -400 dB.

An antenna was attached to the "TX/RX" port of the WBX.

I tried "usrp2_probe" and got the following information.

USRP2 Probe

MAC Addr:
    00:50:c2:85

Name (ID):
    1

Converter Rate:
    100000000 Hz

Gain Range (min, max, step size):
    0.0
    0.0
    0.0

Freq Range (min, max):
    -90000000000.0 Hz
    90000000000.0 Hz

It looks like to me the RF daughterboard was not properly configured.

Did anyone meet such a problem?

Also, I have another two questions:

For full-duplex communications, does it mean both "TX/RX" and "RX2" need to
be attached to antennae? How to configure the WBX?

On "usrp2_fft.py", if the center frequency was set beyond 206 MHz, it would
prompt "Failed". Why this happened? There was no such prompt using the FFT
Sink on GRC.

Thanks.

-Evan