[Discuss-gnuradio] Basic Python help

From: Ahmad Zaki Yaacob
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic Python help
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 23:06:57 +0800

Hi,

I'm trying to do my own interface based on the tutorial # How to Write
GNU Radio Python Applications. In the `class
my_gui_flow_graph(stdgui2.std_top_block):',  I've added a Static Text.
I've been able to bind the static text label to mouse movement
(EVT_MOTION) and mouse click (EVT_LEFT_DOWN). When the mouse is
moving, the static text displays `Move' and when the mouse is left
clicked, the static displays `Click'. This is only happened when the
mouse pointer is not on the FFT canvas.

What I would like to do is to display value of the x axis frequency
value to my static text. I have found the variable for the frequency
value in `channel_plotter.py'. The variable that has the frequency
value is `x_val'. How it is possible for me to bind the `x_val' value
to my static text?

Regards,
Ahmad Zaki Yaacob