Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BBN 80211b Transmitter with GNURadio 3.2.2 and US

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BBN 80211b Transmitter with GNURadio 3.2.2 and USRP1
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:09:28 -0400

 You probably want to take a look at the usrp2_version branch to see
how to get the transmit code working with the hier_block2 API, and
then modify it to work with the USRP1. Two things: you cannot transmit
the 802.11b waveform through the USRP1 (you don't have enough
bandwidth - in the original code base I believe they simply skipped
the DSSS step, and transmitted the pulse-shaped DPSK-modulated
signal), also I believe the usrp2_version branch transmit code fixed
some of the bugs in the original transmit code (i.e. using a USRP2,
the transmit code could send a standard-compliant waveform).
 Doug