[Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2_ffy.py with -d4

From: Burns, Nina
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2_ffy.py with -d4
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 11:26:20 -0400

Hello,

I have a new USRP2 (no firmware upgrades), trying to run usrp2_fft.py
with a decimation of 4.  I can run higher decimation values (-d 8, -d
16) but -d 4 brings up the fft gui and shows no signal.  Sometimes I get
an 'S' but not always.  I know using a BW of 25MHz is a lot of data, but was hoping to at least get the fft working.

My computer is a Dell Optiplex 960 3.0GHz with 4G RAM.  I am running
Fedora Core 11.  The on board GigE is Intel 82567LM-3.

I tried ethtool -A eth0 rx on (to double check my flow control) with no luck.

I have seen the chart:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/1/USRP2GigEReports

and my next step is to get one of these cards and try it instead of my
on-board NIC.  But does anyone have other ideas?

If you have successfully run usrp2_fft.py with -d4 can you please list your PC configurations/requirements?

Thanks, all.