Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gcellized FFTW has broken gcell block

From: matty
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gcellized FFTW has broken gcell block
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 10:16:51 +0200

OK, i'm sorry for that!

(2) The Cell processor is dead, dead, dead.

Does it mean, no further development in gnuradio code for the Cell processor?
I appreciate your work and those of others.

I'm using Fedora 11 on PS3, SDK Version 3.1 and GNU Radio 3.2.2.
I need a workload for gcell e.g. i want to use qa_fft.py or gcellized FFTW.

I apologize for my hasty and rash mailing! I think my subject wasn't choosen very well.

Best regards
Matty

2010/5/26 Eric Blossom <address@hidden>
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 05:09:16PM +0200, matty wrote:
> Last day's I installed gcellized FFTW or better I have to say FFTW-WIP,
> because the gcellized FFTW svn folder on cgran was empty.
> So I downloaded the code using
>
> $ svn co
> https://www.cgran.org/cgran/projects/fftw-gcell/branches/developers/eb/fftw-wip
>
> and compiled the source.
>
> $ ./bootstrap.sh
>
> "PLEASE IGNORE WARNINGS AND ERRORS" says bootstrap.sh
>
> abort with error:
>
> (cd .;  *.mli *.ml > .depend)
> /bin/sh: algsimp.mli: command not found.
> make: *** [depend] Error 127
>
> so i've done
>
> $ ./configure
> $ make
> $ make check
>
> make check said: FFTW transforms passed basic tests!
>
> So i installed the FFTW and got binaries in /usr/local/bin (fftw-wisdom) and
> libraries in /usr/local/lib.
>
> After installing FFTW-WIP i looked for a solution to set up with gcell. But
> entering python to do *import gcell* python said no module named gcell.
> Prior it worked. I can import gnuradio and from gnuradio import gcell. But
> import gcell doesn't work.
>
> I think it could be an issue with gcellized FFTW Code, but at the moment i
> have no answer for this.
>
> Did i everything wrong?
>
> Best regards
> Matty

First off, consider a few things:

 (1) Your subject asserts that code written by somebody else has
    caused a problem.  That's not a very friendly way to ask for free help.

 (2) The Cell processor is dead, dead, dead.

 (3) There is somewhere between 1 and 3 people on this list who might
    be able to assist you if they felt like it.  They're busy people.

 (4) You haven't told us the the first thing about your environment:
    no hardware info, no OS info, no mention of which version of the
    SDK you're using...

 (5) You haven't told us what you tried already.

You may want to consider reading this list of suggestions for
increasing your chances of getting help on this list:

   http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/ReportingErrors

Eric