Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Carrier leakage on transmit

From: Charles Brain
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Carrier leakage on transmit
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:41:58 +0100

3 - Measure the amplitude of the TX DC offset as received by the RX (in this case at -1 MHz). Iteratively adjust your I TX DC offset number until you get to the lowest power you can see. Then do the same for Q. If it still isn't low enough, do I again.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Are the settings for the I and Q adjustments independent or do I have to iterate between them for the lowest error?

Also if I am sending a 0 amplitude signal can I simply AM detect the received signal to measure the dc error value?

Finally what is the simplest way to synchronise receive, so I can make sure I am associating a particular DC offset error with a corrected
transmitted block?

I can see the carrier going up and down on the Analyser but my
routine comes up with some silly values. I think it is because I have the routine out of sync.

Sorry for the dumb questions :-)

- Charles

setup WBX, USRP2, UHD