Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why does general_work return large number?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why does general_work return large number?
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 07:55:28 -0700

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 02:23:21PM +0100, Zohair M. Abu Shaban wrote:

> Dear All,

> I have built a block that uses single input sample to produce a
> single output sample. The weird thing that general_work in gr_block
> returns a number around 4095, 4096. any interpretation or solution
> for this?

First off, why do you think that this is a problem?

You block should be written such that it produces the number of output
items that is requested.  It sounds like the block is doing that.

There are many 100's of examples of blocks in the code base.
If you haven't already, please read:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/howto-write-a-block.html

It's somewhat out of date, but the fundamentals are correct.

Eric