Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] complex vector output of a block

From: Sammour
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] complex vector output of a block
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:37:04 -0700 (PDT)

HI Eric,

Thanks for replying. My block has N=2:12 complex input streams and one
complex vector output stream of length N^2 (represents a reshaped NxN
matrix). The block basically is meant to calculate the covariance matrix
using a MATLAB library.

The signatures are:
input: gr_make_io_signature (2, 2, sizeof(gr_complex));
output: gr_make_io_signature (1, 1,N*N*sizeof(gr_complex));

However, the last thing I reached now is that I can get the output into a
file sink but when displaying the content, I see the N^2 elements followed
by a huge number of zeros then N^2 elements and then zeros. For example if N
= 2 input streams, the output vector will appear like:
0
0
0
0
0
0... and so on.

A remark I noticed is that difference between "a" and "e" is always around
4096. What confuses me is how to get rid of the zeros and extract only the
numbers of interest when connecting this block to the next block. Any hint?

Best regards,

Sam