[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help required tunnel.py

From: Juan Quiroz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help required tunnel.py
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:10:12 -0700 (PDT)

I have installed deb package of GNU radio 3.2.2 for Ubuntu 9.04 and works fine,
with openSUSE 11.1 I try tarball and everything is OK, for openSUSE there's a
rpm package of GNU radio 3.1.3 avalaible in http://software.opensuse.org/search
it's ok too.

Try doing this step by step
Run tunnel.py, in Ubuntu sudo tunnel.py -f 24xxe6 -c x x can be whatever you
want.

You will see an output asking to allocate gr0

Set an IP address with sudo ifconfig gr0 192.168.200.1 netmask 255.255.255.0,
don't press enter

Wait here and go to next PC and repeat the same, but press enter when both PCs
are ready

If everything is fine immediately in console you will see RX and TX because of
communication is beginning, is there's only TX messages we have a problem, if
BBBB is in your screen, it means back off no carrier sensed, try to change it
with -c option.

Again good luck

Juan Quiroz