Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Announcement - July 6th 2010

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Announcement - July 6th 2010
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 09:18:24 -0700

3) set times next pps (synchronously)
gr_block_executor: source <gr_block uhd mimo source (1)> produced no
output. We're marking it DONE.

This tells me that the alignment buffer is not finding a common timestamp among the 4 channels or one or more channels is not streaming (perhaps a timestamp/setup issue). What does your setup look like, is there a common pps and common reference split 4X to each usrp2? I forgot to add it to the notes but each device should have a common ref and pps attached to its front panel. Also, can you try to run with just two usrp2 to simplify the problem, does it work with 2 but not 3, 3 but not 4...?

Sometimes I also receive these errors that disappear when I power cycle
the USRP2's:

Error (usrp2 recv pirate loop): bad vrt header or unsupported packet type
Error (usrp2 recv pirate loop): assertion failed: if_packet_info.has_tsi
and if_packet_info.has_tsf
in void
usrp2_impl::io_impl::recv_pirate_loop(boost::shared_ptr<uhd::transport::zero_copy_if>,
boost::shared_ptr<usrp2_mboard_impl>, size_t)
at /home/dave/uhd/host/lib/usrp/usrp2/io_impl.cpp:97

Because the previous run did not exit cleanly and stop streaming, the recv loop is catching the middle of a packet from the previous run. This is safe to ignore.

-Josh