Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can GNU Radio run on TI DSP environment?

From: Jeff Brower
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can GNU Radio run on TI DSP environment?
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 17:41:05 -0500 (CDT)

Hanks-

> I am new to GNU Radio. Currently I am considering to implement basic software
> radio and signal processing on TI DSP environment, such as TI TMS320C674x and
> C647x DSPs and the evaluation boards.
>

> I know GNU radio are usually running on PC environments for Linux or Window
> OS,
> but can it also run on TI DSP? If it can, how can I do it?

As a starting point, look here:

  http://beagleboard.org/

In this case GNU radio runs on the ARM core side of an OMAP 3530 device (not on
the DSP core).  OMAP 3xxx devices can
be found in some smart phones, for example Mot Droid and Palm Pre.

Another area to look into is TI's recent announcment for a native, factory
Linux running on their DSP cores, for
example 6-core C6474 device.  I have not heard of a GNU radio port (or any
other popular open source sw, such as
Asterisk) but I'm sure people are working on it.

-Jeff