[Discuss-gnuradio] Controlling USRP remotely using VNC

From: Patrik Tast
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Controlling USRP remotely using VNC
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 03:43:37 +0300

Hi All,

I got a problem when I want to remotely access the USRP using VNC on Fedora 12.
In my case the USRP is at Los Angeles and my location is at Vasa Finland.

As you can see in the screeshot below I get a "Segmentation fault" as local user and as root.
http://www.poes-weather.com/~patrik/vnc-remote-segfault.jpg
I also noted if I want to control a software that must have root privilegies it wont work remotrly using VNC.
Everything works at the station (Los Angeles)

This I bet is a permission problem only and I bet you guy's know howto tune the VNC client to have rights needed.
It feels like there is a "window inbetween me and the F12" even if I login as root using VNC.

I also have a similar system on Fedora 9 setup at Vasa Finland and a client connected from Los Angeles and was able to control (full access)
my USRP and computer.
http://www.poes-weather.com/~patrik/vnc-remote-ok.jpg

This is off topic from gnuradio but I bet some on this list know howto "cure" our problem.

Any help appreciated,
Patrik