[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem updating firmware on SD card

From: Sam Keene
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem updating firmware on SD card
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:35:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am trying to update the firmware on the SD card per the instructions here:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-CUN7JZ/?solution=1-CUN7JZ

I've downloaded all the firmware to my PC, and put the SD card from the USRP2
into my PC. I am using Windows XP. My PC tells me its not formatted so I can't
see what is on it. I did not reformat it as windows suggested. However, when I
run the usrp2_card_burner_gui.py, it does not recognize the device when it
scans for it. I tried 'rescan for devices', but that did not work. I then
manually entered the path to the SD card in the Raw Device and clicked 'Burn SD
Card'. However, this gave me various errors that there was not a file system:
Error opening output file 1005.

Do I need to format the SD card? I am hesitant to do so. Is there something I
am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

-Sam Keene