[Discuss-gnuradio] Sending data to gnuradio

From: Garrett Wenger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sending data to gnuradio
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:07:05 -0400

Hi all,
I am trying to use a use a file source block to read data from a fifo so that eventually I can process data sent by another computer.
I wrote a simple c program to write data to the fifo and I have verified that it works, but I don't see any output on gnuradio's scope when I try to send data through.
I've read through the file source block source code and from that my guess is that this is because when I initially start the program, the pipe is empty so the file source block continuously returns 0's.

Would I need to edit how this block works in order to accomplish what I need or is there some other way of sending outside data to gnuradio?

Thanks,
Garrett