Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 + WBX: Unable to receive FM signals

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 + WBX: Unable to receive FM signals
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:36:46 -0700

0x0052 should be the id of the WBX RX side. Let me know how it goes, and send back the patch!

Thanks,
-Josh

On 07/15/2010 11:11 AM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
Hi,
         I'm using USRP2 + WBX, with the SMA connector connected to the RX/TX
connector, and I've stuck a piece of wire about 7" long into the SMA connector.

However, when I run the following command, I get only static.

./usrp2_wfm_rcv.py -e eth2
Using RX d'board 0x0053
This daughterboard does not cover the required frequency range
for this application.  Please use a BasicRX or TVRX daughterboard.
Press ENTER to continue anyway, or Ctrl-C to exit.
gr_fir_ccf: using SSE
gr_fir_fff: using SSE
aUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaUaU

The WBX has a range of 50MHz to 2.2GHz, so it does cover the frequency range.
What's it's dbid, so that I can add it to the script?

if not (dbid == 0x0001 or #usrp_dbid.BASIC_RX
                 dbid == 0x0003 or #usrp_dbid.TV_RX
                 dbid == 0x000c or #usrp_dbid.TV_RX_REV_2
                 dbid == 0x0040 or #usrp_dbid.TV_RX_REV_3
                 dbid == 0x0043 or #usrp_dbid.TV_RX_MIMO
                 dbid == 0x0044 or #usrp_dbid.TV_RX_REV_2_MIMO
                 dbid == 0x0045 or #usrp_dbid.TV_RX_REV_3_MIMO
                dbid == 0x00??): #usrp_dbid.WBX

Elvis Dowson