Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-qtgui not getting installed

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-qtgui not getting installed
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 09:30:17 -0400

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Elvis Dowson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>       I've built the GNU Radio next branch, and explicitly specific
>
> ./configure --enable-gr-qtgui
>
> The resulting process showed that gr-qtgui would be built.
>
> However, when I try to run
>
> gnuradio-examples/python/usrp2/usrp2_wfm_qt.py
>
> I get the Please install gr-qtgui message, even though it has already been
> installed.
>
> Why is this so?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Elvis Dowson

First, you don't want to use that program. Even if you got past your
current issue, it will still exit with an error because the code isn't
working.

Still, you shouldn't be running into that particular problem. A better
program to test is gr-qtgui/src/python/usrp2_display.py. That one
works fine.

Do you see a qtgui directory under your
$prefix/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gnuradio? If that's there, then
you should be able to import it. If it's not, then something's gone
wrong in the build/install process. What OS are you running?

Tom