Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Receiver sensitivity of wbx, TVRX.

From: Patrik Tast
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Receiver sensitivity of wbx, TVRX.
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 03:01:48 +0300

Hi Naveen,

Ive been using the TVRX for AO-51 and NOAA APT (Automatic Picture Transmission). I have found that the TVRX is VERY sensitive
I have been able to demodulate signals @ ~-115 dB. I always use a preamp at the antenna.
My test results can be found here http://www.poes-weather.com/~patrik/AO-51/
and http://noaaport.poes-weather.com:8081/AO-51/

My TVRX is using Microtune 4937 and the tuner spec can be found at http://www.comsec.com/usrp/microtune/4937-DI5-3x8899-2.pdf