Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How is processor time given to blocks?

From: Sean Jordan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How is processor time given to blocks?
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 12:58:25 -0700

> Thanks, with this in mind, I need in my application for only one block to be
> running at a time. Is there any way for that to be specified?

No.

Why would you want only a single block running at a time?
Needless to say, you want to avoid shared state.

Eric

For running only at one time- My first block picks out "chunks" of data and passes these on to the next blocks. These "chucks" only come along once in a while. The blocks after only need to run when these "chucks" are found. I am passing a flag (1 or 0) at the beginning of the output to tell the next block whether or not to run. Once a "chunk" is found, each block must process the data after the previous block in order. Multiple blocks running at the same time seems to mess with my flags, causing my end data to be incorrect. Perhaps there is a better way to to this than Run/Don't run flags.

-Sean