[Discuss-gnuradio] Free Signal Analysis Tool

From: Isaac Gerg
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Free Signal Analysis Tool
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 21:12:31 -0400

Does anyone know of a free software tool or package that allows one to do signal analysis.  Im looking for something that I can handle at least a million samples gracefully and have tools like a spectrogram (with configurable params like fft size, window, padding, etc) and a waveform viewer.  I have worked with companies in the past who have such tools but they are home grown (these tools are often written in matlab with a gui tacked on the front).

Any help would be appreciated.  If such a tool does not exist.  I am interested in possibly created an open source one which runs atop matlab.

Thanks!
Isaac