Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD/antennas/device names/etc.

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD/antennas/device names/etc.
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:03:20 -0700

On 08/26/2010 03:27 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Welcome to the next level...

I've gotten further. It's now failing with:

Oterminate called after throwing an instance of 'uhd::assert_error'
   what():  assertion failed:
    is not a valid rfx rx antenna name.
   possible values are: [TX/RX, RX2].

You need to pick from one of the antenna choices. If you leave a blank string it shouldnt try to set any antenna, so im not sure why you see the error at all because it looks like you used a blank/empty string.

http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/dboards.html#daughterboard-properties

I'm running with an RFX2400 (WBX will be my next victim).

antennas should be the same as RFX series

I've already discovered that (apparently) you can't do something like make("eth2") (like
you could with the old driver), you need to give the IP address (however I've also discovered that
"" also appears to work OK). Do I also need to include some sort of antenna info (i.e.,
whether I'm running half or full duplex)?

Its a device address, when left blank it will use whatever device it can find. http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/classuhd_1_1device__addr__t.html

The dboard properties link above should clue you into the full or half duplex stuff.

I've looked through the various headers and doxygen but haven't been able to
figure out what I need to do to keep going.

What are you trying to do?

-Josh