Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: making a small USRP board

From: William Cox
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: making a small USRP board
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:24:25 -0400

Right now I'm thinking the easiest thing would be to keep everything the same, except remove the 2nd mixed-signal chip, and move the power circuit off the board.
So, yes, same form factor for daughterboard connections.
-William

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Mark J. Blair <address@hidden> wrote:

On Aug 30, 2010, at 6:52 AM, William Cox wrote:
> As of yet, I'm trying to figure out if reducing the size of the USRP1 baord, by removing one of the transceivers, is feasible. I'm a GNURadio/USRP newbie and I'm just going off looking at the pysical board and thinking I didn't need half of it.

Are you considering keeping the same form factor and connectors for the RF daughterboards (i.e., mounting regular RF daughterboards on a reduced-size USRP motherboard), or further shrinking the package size by integrating the RF and digital stuff onto a single, smaller board dedicated to a specific RF band?

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <address@hidden>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/