Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] want to achieve the symbol rate to 270.833kb/s

From: dburgess
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] want to achieve the symbol rate to 270.833kb/s
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 17:41:16 +0000

This is part of the reason we used a 52 MHz clock for the public release of the
OpenBTS GSM stack. It makes 13/48 MHz rational. We would have used 13 MHz, but
the USRP-1 FPGA code fails to transmit for clock rates below about 48 MHz.

If you use the stock 64 MHz clock you will need a polyphase resampler for most
telecom applications. You will also have wicked temperature drift problems.