Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need help: How to extract timestamps of data for

From: Hongliang Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need help: How to extract timestamps of data for UHD mimo source block?
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:02:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Josh,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I have some questions about the metadata.

1). I read the codes in the work function. The metadata is defined by:
     uhd::rx_metadata_t metadata;

    Does "uhd::rx_metadata_t" define the data type or give values to
metadata?  And in which C++ file may I find that the "uhd::rx_metadata_t" is
created ?

2). Is metadata a scaler or vector? I use 4 USRP2 boards for MIMO receiver
system. Does metadata contain 4 groups of timestamps for each 4 USRP2 boards
or just 1 group of timestamps for the whole synchronised data?

3). When I use the UHD MIMO Source block, GNU Radio Companion shows the
following sentences:

   Current recv sock buff size: 50000000 bytes
   Current recv sock buff size: 50000000 bytes
   Current recv sock buff size: 50000000 bytes
   Current recv sock buff size: 50000000 bytes
   Using: Flex 2400 MIMO B RX (0x0027)
   Using: Flex 2400 MIMO B TX (0x002b)
   Using: Flex 2400 MIMO B RX (0x0027)
   Using: Flex 2400 MIMO B TX (0x002b)
   Using: Flex 2400 MIMO B RX (0x0027)
   Using: Flex 2400 MIMO B TX (0x002b)
   Using: Flex 2400 MIMO B RX (0x0027)
   Using: Flex 2400 MIMO B TX (0x002b)
   RX samples per packet: 362
   TX samples per packet: 363
   Recv pirate num frames: 33967
   Set time with unknown pps edge:
       1) set times next pps (race condition)
       2) catch seconds rollover at pps edge
       3) set times next pps (synchronously)
   Time was reset successfully on board 1 relative to board 0
   Time was reset successfully on board 2 relative to board 0
   Time was reset successfully on board 3 relative to board 0

Do they mean that 4 boards are synchronised and have the same timestamps? In
which C++ script may I find this sentence :" Time was reset successfully on
board A relative to board B" ?

Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
Hongliang