Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_probe, failed to find usrp[0] - was working

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_probe, failed to find usrp[0] - was working yesterday...
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:55:44 -0400

On 10/12/2010 09:34 PM, jefftk wrote:
> Ah well it is working now, I restarted the computer.... yes, I tried that at
> least once before posting my message : ) ...
> I hate computers....
>
> I had followed the http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/1/UbuntuInstall   for
> setting up the usrp group and udev at some point, probably just before my
> last restart. I think what may have happened was I did not have the usrp
> group setup the first time I tried usrp_probe and was in a sudo environment,
> then when I tried it later I was not in the right group.
>
> I did not know the PYTHONPATH variable is not available across SUDO,
>
> Thanks Marcus.
> -Jeff

By default, environment variables don't propagate across a "sudo".

udev rules don't take effect until you bonk udev on the head, or you
restart the 'pooter, is my recollection.

If you hate computers, you may find the process of developing a
software-defined-radio to be.....aggravating.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator