Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use UHD with gr_block?

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use UHD with gr_block?
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:54:14 -0700

Now, what I want to do is to build a simple example such as 'benchmark_rx'
and 'benchmark_tx' using UHD with gr_block. Would you please give me a hint
how to build this system? If you have any so simple example, it would be
helpful for me.

See the uhd single usrp source and sink blocks in gr-uhd component of the next branch: http://gnuradio.org/cgit/gnuradio.git/tree/gr-uhd/lib/uhd_single_usrp_source.h?h=next

I believe that the benchmark rx and tx applications use a wrapper called generic-usrp that wrap the functionalities of usrp1 and usrp2 under a common API in python. So you can modify generic-usrp to use UHD single usrp or replace instances of generic usrp with called to UHD single usrp.

-Josh