Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gcc 4.5 and GNU Radio 3.3.0

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gcc 4.5 and GNU Radio 3.3.0
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:35:32 -0400

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 10:17:04AM -0700, Steve Mcmahon wrote:
>> It took me a while to get some time to go back to my openSUSE 11.3 machine
>> and regenerate the error message. Sorry, I should have done this when I made
>> the initial post.
>>
>> So I successfully installed the following from source under openSUSE 11.3:
>>
>> Cheetah-2.4.2.1.tar.gz
>> Markdown-2.0.3.tar.gz
>> cppunit-1.12.1.tar.gz
>> fftw-3.2.2.tar.gz
>> gsl-1.14.tar.gz
>> numpy-1.4.1.tar.gz
>> sdcc-2.9.0-i386-unknown-linux2.5.tar.bz2
>> swig-1.3.40.tar.gz
>>
>> Then I do a "./configure" for GNU Radio 3.3.0, and it runs fine, and it
>> reports it's going to build everything that I need/that it should.
>>
>> However, when I do a "make", it runs for a while, but then I get these
>> errors:
>
> There's a much easier way to get where you're headed.
>
> Use the "master" branch in git.  I'm pretty sure it has this problem fixed.
>
>  http://www.gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/Download
>
> Eric

I just tried compiling from maint, master, and next on a new OpenSUSE
11.3 installation and all three compiled fine. It fails from the
tarball for GNU Radio 3.3.0.

So use one of the git versions for now. If you're on a machine not
connected, just git clone gnuradio (master is probably the best branch
to use) and tar it up to move it across to the other computer. That
should work for you.

When we get 3.3.1 out, this problem will be fixed.

Tom