Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] segmentation fault (core dump) -- help needed

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] segmentation fault (core dump) -- help needed
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:29:49 -0500

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Steven Clark <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Thomas H Kim <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Steven,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your email.
>> I installed Fedora Core13  x86_64, instead of i386, which I installed on
>> last Friday and it works now. But, I don't understand because i386 should
>> work on 64bit machine (that was what I've thought so far... what do you
>> think?)
>> I guess the problem could be
>> 1) Using FC14 (I don't know think so, but it is possible?)
>> 2) Using x86_64 instead of i386
>> 3) Operator error on gnu radio installation procedure (likely...since I am
>> not really Linux guy)
>>
>> Thank you for your help!
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> Hi Thomas-
>
> (Don't forget to send replies to the mailing list, so we all get the benefit
> of the troubleshooting process)
>
> Just so I understand the sequence of events: under FC14 i386, with gnuradio
> installed via yum, you got the segmentation faults. Then, you installed FC13
> x86_64 on the same machine, without changing the gnuradio installation, and
> the segfaults were gone? Or did you also reinstall gnuradio?
>
> Either way, glad it is working now!
>
> -Steven

Thomas,
Thanks. If there is any way you know of to reproduce the problem, I'd
be very interested in hearing it. If there is a problem with Fedora
14, then I'd like to know where and hopefully fix it.

It shouldn't be a problem with 32 vs. 64-bit and I know people run GNU
Radio on Opterons and on Fedora 13. So it sounds right now like Fedora
14 is the variable. Anyone else used Fedora 14 yet?

Tom