[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Flowgraph slows down and hangs when using benchma

From: John Andrews
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Flowgraph slows down and hangs when using benchmark_tx with a custom block
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:43:06 -0800

On anotherĀ  note I use 'gr_block' to build this custom block

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:37 AM, John Andrews <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I have a modified dbpsk.py in which I use a custom block after the self.diffenc (differential encoder block). This custom C++ block outputs 1000 output_items of size 'gr_sizeof_char' for each input_item of size 'gr_sizeof_char'. I then use benchmark_tx.py to test the functioning of the modified dbpsk.py and upon doing so the flowgraph slows down incredibly. What can I do to speed up the process?

DiffEnc --> Custom Block --> Chunks2Symbols
( n ouputs) --> (n * 1000 outputs) --> (n *1000 outputs)

Thanks