Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to see the captured dat file in octave or any

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to see the captured dat file in octave or any other software
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 12:50:40 -0500

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 11:17 AM, abhijeet mate <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to gnu radio and I have a dat file (complex or float) captured from
> file sink which was directly connected USRP.
> Can anyone help me with how to see the dat file in octave or any other
> similar software. Is there any other method to see the content of dat file
> as i need that data for processing.
> Thanks and Regards,
> Abhijeet.

I use Python's scipy and matplotlib packages to read in the data files
and plot them. There are some GNU Radio utilities written already to
do some basic plotting. They are found in the GR source tree in
gr-utils/src/python/gr_plot*.py. They also get installed to your
$(prefix)/bin/gr_plot*.py.

Try gr_plot_psd_c.py to plot the PSD of a file of complex samples.

Tom