Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hi all, can I use one RX receive a wideband signa

From: James Jordan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hi all, can I use one RX receive a wideband signal and then seperate it to many narrowband signals
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 14:19:12 +0800

Hi Martin,
pfb_channelizer_ccf will seperate all channels, But I dont need each channel.
I only need the channel I am interested in. Seperating all channels will eat a lot of CPU resource.
I have check pfb_channelizer_ccf source, it finally use fftw to process channelizer.
So can I directly use fftw to do my work.

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 6:19 PM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 06:02:44PM +0800, James Jordan wrote:
> Hi all, I need to receive many narrowband signals, but usrp hard ware only
> provide 4 RX,
> so I need to receive more than one narrowband signals per RX. Is my idea
> possible?
> I dont want to use more than one usrp to achieve that, anyway which will be an
> option if my first idea can't work.

If your total bandwidth (sum of all bandwidths) does not exceed a couple
of MHz, you can use the polyphase channelizer (pfb_channelizer_ccf).
The result will be an equally spaced set of narrowband channels.

Happy DSP'ing,
MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)