Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD on USRP1 (Karmic Ubuntu)

From: john
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD on USRP1 (Karmic Ubuntu)
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 21:17:37 +1300

On 12/25/2010 05:01 PM, john wrote:

>> A while ago I purchased a DBSRX2 so I am trying to shift my system to
>> UHD. I don't mind having the default UHD behaviour of 2 up/ 2 down which
>> I believe is the default FPGA etc.
>>
>> I have gone into Gnuradio-comp and converted the USRP source to a UHD
>> one but it needs an IP address so I don't think that is how I convert
>> the USRP from being GNU to UHD.
>>

>USB based devices do not have IP addresses. See the docs in the block
> properties. Also see
>
> http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/identification.html#identifying-usrps

>Also make sure that uhd_find_devices can find your device.

>Peace

Thanks very much Josh. Yes the device is found :

-- UHD Device 0
Device Address:
    type: usrp1
    name:
    serial: 4c745353

Just to be crystal clear, A UHD implementation of a GNURadio-Companion file is
the same as GNURadio i.e. source is USRP not UHD for USRP1?

Also, when I populate with the DBSRX2 in addition to LFRX, can I run both? I
saw a post from August saying something about only 1 i/o path at the moment.

Hopefully, I will be smarter in 2011.

      Kind Regards,

               John