[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: GNURadio -> UHD transition LFRX (Ubuntu, Karmic)

From: john
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: GNURadio -> UHD transition LFRX (Ubuntu, Karmic) RESOLVED
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 14:25:09 +1300

On Tue, 2010-12-28 at 12:33 +1300, john wrote:
> I have migrated to UHD and leaving the rest of the plumbing as is, I
> have the attached USRP block which works but when I put the UHD block
> attached, it does not without any error diagnostics.
>
> Sometimes the FFT scope works showing the peaks of local radio stations,
> but I never get any audio.
>
> Anything obvious? I wonder if it is the type of the signal on UHD but
> have no more than that hunch.
>
>        Kind Regards,
>
>                   John
>
> p.s. I know that switching back and forth between UHD and USRP
> sourced-GRC will likely cause f/w issues particularly for the latter (in
> that UHD seems to load on the fly).

After looking at the output level on the FFT on the UHD, I realised it
was way too low compared to the USRP implementation.

The final solution was to complex multiply the output of the UHD block
by 75,000.

Josh had mentioned the output level of UHD but it didn't twig that I
would need a multiplier.

Kind Regards,

            John