Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need help in emergency for the fpga image

From: Matthias Wilhelm
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need help in emergency for the fpga image
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:41:13 +0100

Hello Gabriel,

there are many possible reasons why it wouldn't work, but in my experience it
is most likely an issue with your SD card.

- Did you put both the firmware and the FPGA bitstream on the SD card? Do they
have matching versions?
- What SD card are you using? SDHC cards do not work, and the USRP2 seems to
like 2GB cards (only?). When in doubt, use the SD card provided with the USRP2.
- Did you write the images directly to the beginning of the card without
filesystem. You have to use /dev/sdX or the likes instead of
/dev/sdX{1,2,3,4,...}. There are also graphical tools to flash the card
somewhere.

There is also some info here if you haven't found it yet:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/1/USRP2UserFAQ

The second LED lights up when the firmware has successfully initialized the
lowest level the device (before the ethernet handlers), so without it you will
definitely not be able to find the USRP2. The first one just shows that it is
powered up.

Matthias