Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QA tests for FIR filters

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QA tests for FIR filters
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 10:32:00 -0500

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Philip Balister <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm adding a armv7 NEON implementation to gnuradio. I've got the basic code
> in place and am testing the qa code before starting the asm work. I'm seeing
> failures from the test_filter program, but it is not clear exactly what the
> problem is. Is there a way to have the test program let me know what test
> fails? I displayed some intermediate results and didn't see anything super
> obvious.
>
> Here is what I see:
>
> address@hidden:~/gnuradio# ./gnuradio-core/src/tests/test_filter
> . [generic] [armv7_a]
> . [generic] [armv7_a]
> . [generic]
> . [generic]
> . [generic]
> . [generic] [armv7_a]F.>>> gr_fir_fff: using armv7_a
> .>>> gr_fir_ccf: using armv7_a
>
> address@hidden:~/gnuradio#
>
> Philip

When the tests are run, a directory called .unittests/ is created that
contains an XML output file with the information about which tests
passed and which failed.

If you've run tests_filter by hand, the file you're looking for is
.unittests/gnuradio_core_filter.xml. By default, when you run "make
check," the test_all program is run, which creates
.unittests/gnuradio_core_all.xml.

These unit test output files are created if you're working on master
or next. Of course, it'll help if you do  a pull from whichever branch
you're on (next, I'm assuming) because I just uploaded a fix for a
copy-and-paste error in the test_filter code that produced the wrong
file name :)

Tom