Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: A Humble Request....for allowing to copy Circ

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: A Humble Request....for allowing to copy Circuit into PCB
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:57:12 -0800

Manoj Kumar,
Devendra Purohit,
Marten Christophe,
and others at address@hidden,

A humble request for you to get some perspective:

Running a business costs money: Parts, supplies, equipment,
manufacturing, assembly, testing, employees, export compliance, future
developments. Maybe the developers like to have a job and eat food? The
price you want to pay does not cover the true cost of a USRP.

Matt is not the enemy, and using the mailing list to publicly humiliate
him into giving you a free USRP is not really an appropriate list topic.
If you are angry at the "man" and the big cooperations stepping on the
little guy; you are seriously barking up the wrong tree.

You can find lots of other projects, or great ways to contribute without
radio hardware. I created most of gnuradio-companion with my own laptop
and without any radio hardware or test equipment. Maybe you can get a
signal capture from someone and work on a demodulator; or come up with a
new modulator that works in simulation (as others have suggested). When
the time comes to test the software, perhaps you can borrow some
hardware (maybe a USRP) from another university.

Thank you,
-Josh