Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] volk: duplicate symbol _volk_cpu

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] volk: duplicate symbol _volk_cpu
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:22:09 -0500

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:04 PM, update lee <address@hidden> wrote:
>> when I try to build volk from next branch of git, I got error during make
>>
>> libtool: link: gcc -dynamiclib -Wl,-undefined -Wl,dynamic_lookup -o
> .libs/libvolk_runtime.0.dylib  .libs/volk_cpu_x86.o .libs/cpuid_x86_64.o
> .libs/volk_runtime.o .libs/volk_init.o .libs/volk_rank_archs.o
> -L/opt/local/lib
> -O2   -install_name  /usr/local/lib/libvolk_runtime.0.dylib
> -compatibility_version
> 1 -current_version 1.0 -Wl,-single_module
>> ld: duplicate symbol _volk_cpu in .libs/volk_runtime.o and
>> .libs/volk_cpu_x86.o
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[2]: *** [libvolk_runtime.la] Error 1
>>
>> BTW, I did it on OSX 10.6.5
>>

> Im no expert by any means but this is usually caused when something is
> defined twice in two different .c files. So looking into it it appears
> that way, so I added the static keyword so that each file can use the
> definition but they wont interfear with each other.
>
> proper #ifdef should prob be used but this was quick and dirty and got
> me compiled and up and running on OSX
>
> Chris Lee
> VE6UDL

We're working on trying to fix this. The patch that was submitted does
not actually work. When I run it with the patch, the resulting
architectures that VOLK will build for is only the 'generic' one, not
all of what should be built (on my Core2Duo: generic 64 mmx sse sse2
sse3 ssse3).

I only think that I might know why at this point. It shouldn't be hard
to fix once I get my head wrapped around it properly.

Tom