Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio is disappointing [was: Greeting and a qu

From: Sanjay Singh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio is disappointing [was: Greeting and a question]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 08:20:43 +0530

Its not about talking high. Its community of people trying hard to press Ettus Research products. Putting people down is not the motto of GNURadio.

Regrading putting off from the list: Discussion is on for open source platform. This is GNURadio platform. Here discussions are open for Ettus Research products and any other hardware product which can be used with GNURadio.

Is GNURadio also owned by Ettus Research ?.

Regarding your concern on keeping things focused;
Things on GNURadio are not focused. That's the concern. When.open source platform is the focus then everyone has the freedom to discuss open platform solution rather than promoting specific products for commercial needs.
Regrading your comment
"people on the list that don't like Ettus Research or the way Gnu Radio is running, take them off the list "
Is that only Ettus Research based products needs to be discussed ?. I suggest you reconsider your statement.

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Elvis Dowson <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Tom & Matt,

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Marcus D. Leech" <address@hidden>
>>
> So, respectfully, you're full of crap, Sanjay.  No "BSP" is going to automatically know how to do all the functions we want to do:

Someone ought to moderate this list. I for one find Marcus annoying. He mentioned that he's employed part time by Ettus Research. He should be told to tone down. It just takes a few guys like Marcus to put people off.

If there are people on the list that don't like Ettus Research or the way Gnu Radio is running, take them off the list. At least it will keep things focussed in the right direction.

As for people like Marcus, they should be told to behave politely to other members on the list.

Elvis Dowson