Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NanoSail-D turns out isn't lost!

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NanoSail-D turns out isn't lost!
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 22:35:11 -0500

On 01/20/2011 08:35 PM, Alexandru Csete wrote:
> I tried earlier today with a handheld Arrow II yagi connected directly
> to WBX. I could hear it but it was too weak to decode. A bigger yagi
> should give sufficient signal.
> In case you receive, it is very easy to decode the telemetry. It uses
> 1200 bps AFSK FM modulating the carrier, so a simple NBFM receiver and
> the audio fed to e.g. multimon
> (http://www.baycom.org/~tom/ham/linux/multimon.html) works. Decoded
> telemetry can be submitted to the ops team at
> http://beacon.engr.scu.edu/Submission.aspx
>
> Have fun!
>
> Alex

Yup, I knew it was 1200 AFSK FM.

Good to know you *almost* demodulated it successfully with WBX.

I rather doubt that I'll be able to get to my groups 60ft dish before
the topic becomes
 uninteresting :-(

But I do have a 70cm YAGI in my store-room somewhere, perhaps I shall
dig it out, and
  wait for a pass over my city to see if I can demodulate the signal!

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium